Senior Account Manager
We have an opening for a Senior Account Manager based out of our London office. You will have developed strong PR foundations in an agency, in-house or marketing environment and will be ready to handle a portfolio of Fintech accounts. Your strengths will lie in the organisation and delivery of exceptional client work across your accounts.
Ideally you will have had exposure to Fintech clients, or will have worked in a similar financial, tech or B2B sector, but this is not essential. If you are new to Fintech, we have developed fast-track training to bring you up to speed.
Alongside your client responsibilities, you will have line-management responsibility for one or more junior team members. We provide in-house management training designed to help you excel in this role. You will also be developing your commercial skills and will support the growth and development of Chatsworth by contributing to new business, marketing, HR goals. We will play to your strengths and look to see where you can excel.
At Chatsworth, we pride ourselves on our independent agency culture. We take a flexible approach to each employee’s career path and working arrangements, accommodating remote working, flexible working and everything in between. This role requires someone able to be flexible, goal orientated, and have a little bit of entrepreneurial spirit that will drive you to push yourself and your clients.
You will have a clear Development Plan with training and coaching opportunities identified to help you to push your skills further, including our in-house training programmes and professional development opportunities.
You will also be a person who values your work-life balance and looks forward to working with a team of like-minded individuals, who respect each other and value each other’s contributions.
- Gaining a thorough understanding of each client’s business, following new developments in the market and using them to the client’s advantage.
- Taking client briefs and planning and prioritising work actions with your team
- Managing the account team to deliver work within retainer or project budget
- Liaising with your Account Directors to develop strategy and ensure work meets client requirements
- Providing strong client advisory and handling day-to-day PR tasks
- Writing well structured, persuasive copy across a broad range of written styles, including complex white papers and Q&As
- Developing a strong media contact book, proactively nurturing existing relationships and building new ones, regularly meeting with your contacts
- Selling in stories, looking for clever angles to achieve results in difficult situations
- Using social media and other digital marketing tools effectively
- Ensuring high quality standards from your team, editing work to ensure it reaches the client error free
- Taking the lead to ensure clients are well informed about progress on their deliverables.
- Coaching and developing junior colleagues, taking line-management responsibility for one or more junior team members.
- Supporting the growth of Chatsworth by developing a broad range of managerial & commercial skills and leading your own Chatsworth projects.
- Credible PR experience to Account Manager level, ideally with time spent agency-side
- Consultant mindset with excellent self-drive and a flexible, enquiring approach to challenges
- Experience with fintech clients, or related financial, technology or B2B clients
- A confident client handler with experience of advising at senior levels
- Strong existing relationships across your sector, and an ability to build effective relationships
- Quality focussed with a sharp eye for detail
- Exceptional writing skills and ability to proof your own work and the work of others
- Time focussed and able to drive teams to meet deadlines
- Able to give strong direction and nurture and inspire team members
- Connected to developments in the PR industry, and how to apply these to the Chatsworth offering
- Knowledge of how to deploy social and creative channels effectively is helpful but not essential
- A competitive salary between £45k – £55k depending on experience
- Employee Management Initiative (EMI) (generous tax advantaged share scheme)
- 5% pension contributions
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working options
- Comprehensive BUPA health insurance
- A busy social & team events calendar