With over 8,000 business leaders set to descend on Geneva for the annual SIBOS conference next week, this year’s event comes at a poignant time for the industry.
More than 200 exhibitions and hundreds of conference sessions will take place over four days, bringing together decision makers from banks, market infrastructure providers, multinational corporations and technology vendors.
With the industry continuing to grapple with a number of developing issues, from the emergence of disruptive technology and the ongoing impact of regulation and cyber crime to the potential implication of a Brexit, there is plenty to talk about.
The theme of this year’s event, ‘Transforming the Landscape,’ will explore issues surrounding the future of payments, securities, cash management, trade and financial crime compliance.
- Cyber resilience in a changing world, Monday 26 September, 09.00 – 10.00
- Patterns of disruption in wholesale banking, Monday 26 September 09.30 – 11.15
- Insights on Blockchain: a panel discussion of early adopters hosted by IBM, 26 September, 11.30 – 12.00
- When RegTech meets FinTech: the day after tomorrow – How technology disruption intersects with regulation in securities, 27 September 10.15 – 11.15
- Fintech hubs – EMEA, 27 September, 12.45 – 13.45
- After the Brexit, what’s next: A BRICS-it towards a multilateral financial system?, 27 September, 15.30 – 16.30
- Machine learning – The future of compliance, 28 September, 09.00 – 10.00
- Open API’s and the transformation of banking, 28 September, 16.30 – 17.15
- Capital markets: Big data, big deal, 29 September, 09.00 – 10.00
- Financial centres outside of the EU – What can the UK learn from Switzerland, 29 September, 10.15 – 11.15
Details of the full programme can be found on www.sibos.com